CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT 2

 It was the day of their "meeting". She was very calm surprisingly. Normally she would be feeling nervous or anxious about meeting a guy that was interested in her or vice versa, but this time she was very calm. If anything, she couldn't wait to meet up with him. Her plan was to reject him gently, in person, so why was she looking forward to seeing him?.. she thought to herself.

He came to pick her up at her place. She was usually very quiet around him but as soon as she got in his car she couldn't keep quiet. It wasn't nervous chatter. She truly felt very comfortable around him, although she wasn't aware of that yet. "I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting. I had a few things to sought out first", she said. "It's alright. How are you doing", he asked her. "I'm alright. Just tired. It's been a long day", she responded. "You wanna talk about it?", he enquired. " Nothing much to tell. Just work and home life keeping me busy", she said. 

They got to a nearby park, got out of the car and sat in one of the park benches. They talked about the most random things. It was an easy conversation, no awkwardness and neither of them and they were enjoying each other's company. The big question hadn't come yet though, and she wasn't looking forward to rejecting him at this point. "I didn't know you could talk this much. You're usually very quiet", he said to her. "Very few people know this side of me", she responded. "Why do you hide your true self though? You're very interesting to listen to", he enquired. She wasn't hiding her true self though. "It's two sides of the same coin", she answered him. "It depends on who you are and how comfortable I am with you", she said. "I am very quiet and reserved but I can also be talkative and loud", she explained.

"You're a very interesting person", he said. "I'd love to spend more time with you, if you'll allow me", he said. There was her opportunity to reject him and end this before it could begin. That was the right thing to do after all. She wasn't supposed to be here with him. What would people say if they found out? It could ruin her good girl reputation. Moreover he wasn't her type. That much was known. "Can we meet again soon?", he asked her. "Sure! I'm free next week", she answered him.

"Oh no! What have I done?", she thought to herself. "You were supposed to reject him", she berated herself. "There's no harm in being friends", her intrusive thoughts objected. "It's not like you're gonna fall in love. What could possibly go wrong?"... 

Everything!

Comments

Popular Posts